Students explore the creative process, scientific principles and technical concepts to tell compelling stories across digital platforms.
We celebrate each person and their unique stories within our vibrant, professional and encouraging [S]3 storytelling community.
Our program begins with a partnership between students, parents, educators and professionals.
Developed collaboratively with industry professionals, certified teachers, parents and those who helped make the [S]3 StudentSuperShorts.com film contest an AWESOME success story to begin with—we are excited to share our unique [S]3 Digital Storytelling Film Camp program with you.
Students are introduced to the fundamentals of digital storytelling—screenwriting, storyboard creation, visual design, cinematography, sound engineering, lighting principles and editing.
We present professional industry standards, safety considerations, ethics principles and how to share and critique work productively.
We celebrate the process and results.
We encourage resourcefulness through the “use what you have” mindset. Bring Your Own Tech (BYOT) and use our professional equipment.
Students leave camp with the tools and knowledge needed to practice and create digital stories at home and school.
Genius takes time and practice.
DAY 1 / Welcome & Introduction to Filmmaking.
DAY 2 / Pre-Production—Write, Plan & Rehearse.
DAY 3 / Production—Lights, Camera, Action.
DAY 4 / Post-Production—Editing toward Final Cut.
DAY 5 / Final Edits, Review, Screen Projects—Walk the Red Carpet and WOW friends, family and Your Awesome Selfie!
- Daily Program 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Bring lunch and water bottle. Snacks provided.)
- Arrivals begin at 8:00 a.m. Extended care until 6:00 p.m. is available.
- Friday Screenings begin at 5 p.m.
- Enroll in one or multiple weeks, space permitting.
- Advanced filmmaking can be offered for those with previous experience or enrolled in multiple weeks.
- Multi-week, sibling and group discounts.
- Industry professionals invited as weekly guest speakers.
[S]TEM + [S]TORY = [S]UCCESS.
[S]3 Student Story Space, Inc. — Growing the Future, One Story at a Time. 1-888.278.0128